PRS Model, Artificial Recharge Techniques, Recharge Model, Recharge Plan
An Innovative Approach of Functional zoning of Watershed in Various Hydrogeological Terrain along river catchment has been developed to address the percolation, recharge and Augmentation of base Flow. The slop in watershed from rides to valley with development of drainage order constitute the zoning of PRS model. This is a working model that provides conceptual area of feasibility of ground water intervention structures which helps to understand the hydraulics behavior of the zones to identify the recharge potential. The hydraulic of The Three Zone That form bases of recharge and water conservation plan and it Potential. The ultimate objective of plan is to develop base flow and augment at feasible location for Sustainable Groundwater viability.
The characteristic of zoning of PRS has aspects relationship of elevation, slope, and Drainage order with geomorphic land surface and disposition of aquifer. The hydrogeological characteristics of aquifer of different formation is the key element in deposition of zoning of
Amay Environmental Consultancies has developed PRS Model in relation With Aquifer Mapping and Geospatial Data for Effective Recharge to ground Water that inculcate Management Practice of Intervention Structure: The uncontrolled exploitation Of Ground Water and deterioration of water Quality with the decline of Groundwater level has adversely affect the sustainable water availability’s induce water stress condition.
The conceptual functional; zoning of PRS along watershed need its Demarcation based on:
- Percolation Zone- This zoning form at with Catchment at high Ridge and sloping dram ward with second Order Stream at pediment zone. The aquifer disposition is essential from dug well zone in the Down Stream of the area. the base flow development in the zone with support root zone of plant augmentation of
- Recharge Zone-The downstream of percolation zone that extent up to zone of base Flow form Recharge area. The effectives of zone is governed disposed surface of aquifer along watershed at gentle slope and third order stream
- Subsurface Retardation – The identification and demarcation of Zone is Feasible at decreasing exposed Thickness of aquifer. The discharge area of Watershed at fourth or fifth order are area effectiveness to have develop Retardation to augment base Flow. The PRS model works in three broad steps, which includes study on the pre-feasibility of the watershed on the GIS Platform, field validation of the site and thereafter perform geophysical Investigation to finally derive the three zoning.
The Work Plan of PRS model is proposed to have workflow in nine major components as stated below:
- Institutionalization and project management support.
- Delineation of lateral and vertical extent of aquifers.
- Definition of the hydraulics of the aquifer systems in terms of natural boundary with super imposed administrative boundaries.
- Demarcation of optimal size aquifer management units.
- Prioritization and work programmer definition in terms of quantity, quality and status of development of the watershed.
- Investigation includes rainfall: run off data, and data compilation for the catchment area of each Watershed.
- Preparation of Aquifer Management Plan (Recharge Plans) with supporting, Hydrogeological, Geophysical and Local well inventory Data.
- Development of Aquifer Information and management (Recharge Plan W.r.t. PRS model) system.
- Protocol for participatory ground water management.
These will be supported by three principal supplementary activities
- Development of a framework for aquifer management plans at Gram Panchayat/ Block/ Watershed level
- Development of block wise geo-hydrological and Hydrological data acquisition system for interpretation and dissemination.
- Capacity building and training for the field functionaries of various Government Institutions.
Mr. Shailendra Sonekar, Mr. Kapil Parmar, Miss Rashmi Namdeo